Just a few housekeeping items to help everyone have a better experience at the gym. Some are new, some need to be reviewed.
- Cheer others on- if you finish the WOD ahead of others you aren’t done yet. Your job is to get up off the floor and cheer others on to finish. We all have been the last one at one time or another and need that help to get the work done. Support each other and give them some yells and encouragement to get them there.
- Don’t Drop Empty Bars – this is really hard on equipment and just takes a little extra effort to avoid. If you are unloading a bar, take an extra second to avoid dropping the empty bar. This damages the life of the bearings. If for safety reasons you have to drop it, that’s fine. Help prolong the life of your equipment and take a little more care with the empty bars.
- Put Your Stuff Away When Done- most of us are good about helping each other clean up. Don’t be That Guy/Girl who is always leaving equipment out.
- Wipe Down Your Equipment When Done- this goes right along with #3, we have gotten a little forgetful about sanitizing things when done with them. Let’s get back to wiping them done every day.
- Don’t Be Late- I’d rather you show up late than not at all but consistent tardiness can be addressed. How about moving your clock ahead five minutes? Yes there are times when it can’t be avoided but keep working on it.
- Introduce Yourself to New People- if you see a face you don’t recognize, say Hi. Make it comfortable for the new guys and avoid scaring them with horrible WOD stories their first day.
- Direct Visitors to the Coach- if we have someone wander in looking for information direct them to whomever is coaching that day. We want to talk to them. If you have a visitor coming please give us a heads up too.
- Start Dressing In Layers- colder weather is on the way, layer up and as you warm up you can peel off a layer as necessary.
- Set Your Goals- what are you working towards, what is your time frame, how much time do you want to invest in it? Talk to your coach about this too, Maybe a goal setting session is what you need.
- Eat Well After WODs- many studies have been done on this. Keeping about 20-30g of protein and 40-60g of clean carbohydrates have been a good ratio for post workout meals. Keep the carbs to fruits and vegetables mostly but some sweet potatoes and rice are acceptable to get the volume. This works to help refuel your muscles after depleting them. Avoid fats as they will slow down your digestion and you want to refuel “before the sweat on your body dries”. That isn’t always possible but the timing helps, the sooner the better to refuel.
SCHEDULE THIS WEEK- MONDAY-FRIDAY 5AM, 6AM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, SATURDAY 9AM- WOD/OPEN GYM
WODS THIS WEEK- IN ORDER- Cleans/burpees, POKER, Back Squats, MAXTON, 200m Sprints, Row/Toes to bar/Rope climbs. Optional deadlifts/ring dips
WEEKLY PALEO RECIPE
Breakfast Noodle Bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 zucchini cut into noodles
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until softened and add the zucchini noodles. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes and add the broth.
Before serving, crack the eggs in a small bowl one at a time. Bring a pan of water to a simmer and add the vinegar. Carefully add the eggs and turn off the heat. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve on top of the vegetables.
SEE YOU AT THE GYM